S. Michael Holmes
Michael Holmes is an Associate of Dwight L. Thomas, P.C.
Originally from the Atlanta area, Michael attended law school at Atlanta’s own John Marshall. While in law school Michael was a four-time member of John Marshall’s Mock Trial Team and led his team to the ATLA National Mock Trial Competition regional finals.
Michael is a criminal defense and civil litigation attorney and is admitted to practice in the State and Federal courts of Georgia. He was recently invited by the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers to participate in the 10th Annual Bill Daniel Trial Advocacy Program in Athens, Georgia. Only 30 attorneys are invited to participate in the program each year.
He has been with the firm since 2007.
- Georgia Bar, 2008
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2008
- Georgia Supreme Court, 2009
- United States District Court – Northern District of Georgia, 2008
- United States District Court – Middle District of Georgia, 2009
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Tennessee, Pro Hac Vice, 2009
- United States District Court – Middle District of Florida, Pro Hac Vice, 2009
- Circuit Court of West Virginia – Kanawha County, Pro Hac Vice, 2009
- United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 2008
- John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2008
- University of West Georgia, B.S. Biology, 2004
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- State Bar of Georgia, Criminal Law Division
- State Bar of Georgia, Younger Lawyer’s Division
- American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section
- American Association of Justice